Friday, June 3, 2011

Shelterness Inspiration

In the interest of full disclosure, I want to share some design inspiration ideas that I found tonight, while surfing around at Shelterness. The following photos come from 50 pages of articles I sifted through on Shelterness. Think of these as my personal favorites from the first 50 pages. Again, all of the following photos are found on Shelterness.com.

A few years ago I saw something similar to this in a Pottery Barn catalog. I like how the television is integrated with the room by the large frame.


I'm also a fan of utilizing the space under the stairs for storage. I like the look in this picture, but I don't see myself putting a television there.


But maybe it would work for some shelving like this:


I always picture a big wall of built in shelves in my dream house. I like the big library ladders, too.


Take that ladder and use it in a kitchen? Now you're onto something!


My husband tells me all about the drying rack in the kitchen in Rome. In my mind, it is similar to this:


He really wanted something similar when we renovated the kitchen this year, but it didn't happen. Maybe next time.


Glass-backed cabinets are interesting. You can really show off glassware, and it does give you a sense of space. I like seeing a cabinet like this lower in a room. Even though they are see-through, when they are mounted higher (like over a breakfast bar) I still feel like they are blocking my view. This is a nice alternative.


Here is another cool storage feature. I feel like these shelves would get dusty and be difficult to clean, but I like the way it looks in the picture.


This outdoor walkway is made from slices of logs. I wonder how this would work indoors.


I'm not a big fan of tile, because you have to clean the grout. But. This tile floor is pretty cool:


Again, I do not claim any credit for these pictures. No offense to the person in this picture, or the photographer, but it's pretty cheesey. Cheese aside, I think they are onto something with the notches in the shelf. Maybe with something like this, I'd quit leaving my toothbrush on the side of the sink.


Time to get out of the bathroom.

This group of lights comes from a kitchen ceiling. I think it would look fantastic on a back porch, in a sitting area.


The first time I saw the drum from a clothes washer used as a fire pit was a few years back, in Edison, California. I really liked the rustic look of the drum (that one was double stacked- it looked like a rocket!) and have been storing this idea in the back of my mind. Maybe one day...


Finally, this picture is what brought me to Shelterness. This mailbox would have everybody laughing:


One last time: All of the photos in the post were found on Shelterness.com.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leslie -
    Found your blog in my referring URL/Sites lists. Thank you so much for adding me to your blog roll. I think the cabinet installed drying rack is so cool. I hate drying racks and when I do dishes by hand I just late out a dishtowel and then wipe them down so I can put them away.
    How boring, here I am talking about dishes. ;) Anyway, built in storage is always cool and you have shown some nice examples here.
    thanks,
    Monica
    3@12

    ReplyDelete