Monday, November 19, 2012

Fireplace: 85%

Most free minutes of the last two days have been spent stripping paint from the fireplace bricks. The front is this close. One side is almost done 90%, and the last side is yet to be stripped. If I buckle down and finish the front and first side tonight, that only leaves that last side, which I'm estimating is about 5 hours of work. So, probably 10 hours, right?

I'm not sure how much we'll like the gray brick. We haven't settled on a wall color yet. The wall paper still needs to come down, and the woodwork still needs to be stripped. But eventually, we'll need a decision on the wall color.

I will be so glad when this is done!

2 comments:

  1. I'll bet you'll be glad; I sure have been glad. I only have one bedroom left and that will wait. I'd still like to strip our fireplace, but our brick is weird stone-like stuff so we probably will just leave it painted.

    I'm looking forward to pictures. Have a great Thanksgiving holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think our brick is the exception to the rule. It seems to be coming off with much less effort than what I expected, after reading other blogs. I was looking into soda blasting, but with how easily it's progressing, I just couldn't rationalize the cost. I'll get back to work tonight, and see if I can't get a little closer to 90%!

    ReplyDelete