Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Guilty Pleasure: Craiglist

I have finally "discovered" the joy of Craigslist. I can't help myself! Almost daily, for a few weeks, I've been browsing the furniture, free, garden and materials sections. I keep thinking I'm going to find that diamond in the rough.

Thanks to Craigslist, I'm well on my way to furnishing the future office. So far, we scored a very simple writing desk for $10 and a 5'6" long, 30" tall bookcase for $25.

Now I'm looking for one more bookcase, a bench or pew, and headboard. After that, a media cabinet/TV stand should wrap it up.

I don't see myself ever wheeling-and-dealing for used mattresses or a second-hand La-Z-Boy. But right now, it's hard to imagine paying full price for a bookcase or table ever again.

2 comments:

  1. We became Craigslist converts back in 2006 and we've never looked back!! It's an indispensable source for buying and selling used furniture. We've found most of our mission furniture on there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! It's such a great resource without having to treck all the way down to the furniture resale and architectural salvage shops!

    ReplyDelete