Sunday, June 12, 2011

More Time in the Yard

Yard work kept on through Friday. The vines came down off the fence.

Before (side view):


After (looking straight on):


Then Norm came over to help us remove the holly. It was growing too close to the house and was well on it's way to damaging the eaves.



Saturday I spent several hours stripping one side of the closet door for the office/guest room.


It's not quite done, but it's close. I'm debating whether I want to strip the interior facing side of the door. It's roughly 4 hours worth of labor that I'd rather put towards something else. So I may just sand it to clean up, and repaint. Or I may give in to the guilt and strip the paint anyway.

So far as a day spent stripping paint goes, it was pretty awesome. I had music playing, it was warm and I was well shaded by the giant fig tree.


When I decided to call it day, I still had enough motivation to clean up the front room, which has been a disaster area since starting the office project. Yep, it was a good day.


So, how did you spend your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you were a machine this weekend! That's a lot to check off the list in just a weekend. The cleared-out fence looks great - so much more open!

    ReplyDelete