You may remember this post about Janet's Table from November 2009. In that post you can see that we wrapped the table legs with newspaper. The legs were originally finished with casters, which have long since gone missing. As a result, the table was a bit short and forced diners to shove their knees under the table.
We didn't want to scrape our knees on the table, and didn't really want to replace the casters. So, for Christmas 2009 I asked for bun feet. Walt made some sweet little bun feet, which were finished many months before we actually installed them. For Christmas 2010, we installed them. It wasn't too complicated:
Tear out the old hardware:
Install new hardware, screw the bun feet into the legs, add some felt pads:
The table is much more usable, now and
as soon as we get it cleaned off we look forward to using it on a regular basis.